Set the timezone on Debian 5 Lenny
Posted December 30th, 2010 in Linux/Unix/BSD
I'm always forgetting how to set the timezone on a Debian 5 Lenny server when I set up a new one so this quick post is for future reference...
Set the timezone in Debian 5 Lenny
Run the following as root or using sudo:
Then simply follow the prompts to select your timezone. Once it's done the new timezone, local time and UTC times are shown as in the following example:
Current default timezone: 'Pacific/Auckland' Local time is now: Thu Dec 30 10:26:51 NZDT 2010. Universal Time is now: Wed Dec 29 21:26:51 UTC 2010.
- Enable and disable init scripts on Debian (Wednesday, October 24th 2012)
- Fix the timezone data on CentOS (Thursday, May 17th 2012)
- Change the timezone on CentOS (Wednesday, September 14th 2011)
- MySQL CONVERT_TZ returns null (Wednesday, September 30th 2009)
- Correcting the PHP timezone (Sunday, March 16th 2008)
- Checking daylight savings settings on Linux (Thursday, March 13th 2008)